Spanish – English – French – Portuguese
We are pleased to announce the 1st Psychoanalytic International Encounter on Couple and Family organized by the IACFP, EFPP and COFAP (IPA).
The International Encounter is born from the initiative of these three major institutions meeting for the first time, with the aim of opening new lines of reflection on the Clinic and Training, in the field of the family and couple, by addressing all psychoanalytic currents existing today.
María Eugenia Cid – Rosa Jaitín – Elizabeth Palacios
Secretary: Cristina Calarasanu
The first day will address the clinical work and will allow us to listen to the different perspectives that may or may not be thought in the analysis of the couple and family therapy material that will be presented by each of the organizing institutions. But we will also have the opportunity to discuss the different workframes that regulate professional practices, according to the socio-cultural contexts in which they take place. Thus, we will have the opportunity to listen to colleagues from all continents and regions: the Americas (South, Central and North); Northern and Southern Europe; East and West; Asia Pacific and Africa.
The second day will address the training and will highlight the orientations in psychoanalytic practice (Freudian, post-Freudian, European, North American and Latin American currents). Today, in the clinical practices of couple and family, new perspectives open up in training.
– Is individual psychoanalysis sufficient for the training of family and couple therapists, and can it be limited to the study of authors who have only investigated the intrapsychic?
– What are the basic theoretical elements and what kind of clinical experiences are necessary in the training, for the vivid understanding of the different levels of analysis?
– What are the ways to sharpen the ear in listening to the couple and the family?
– What are the epistemological assumptions that underlie the different lines of training?
We will try to trace them in order to find where we agree and where we disagree.
Cristina Călărăşanu (IACFP-EFPP)
We have immense pleasure to invite you to participate in a meeting like no other. You may have participated in other online congresses on family and couple psychoanalysis, but surely in none of them, you have had the opportunity to have three organizing institutions that are specifically dedicated to the theme of the call.
These three institutions bring together all family and couple psychoanalysts worldwide. An unparalleled novelty.
The International Association of Family and Couple Psychoanalysis (AIPCF), together with the European Federationof Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (EFPP), which has a section dedicated to families and couples and the Couple and Family Psychoanalysis Committee (COFAP) of the International Psychoanalytic Association (IPA), have joined forces to bring together professionals from different institutions in the world context who are dedicated to this area of clinical intervention.
Two are the axes on which the interventions will be based:
The plurality of clinical dialogue and a topic on which we usually do not work among professionals, that of the different models of training of couple and family therapists in the world.
We cannot leave aside a fundamental and very topical issue that affects us all at this moment, the social crises that we are facing and especially the war.
We look forward to seeing all of you who wish to participate, and we are sure you will enjoy the meeting.
Reference time programming in Europe, CET.
Friday April 28, 2023
Plurality of Clinical Dialogue
15:00 – 15:15
15:15 – 16:15
16:15 – 16:35
16:50 – 17:20
– Small Groups
17:20 – 17:50
17:50 – 18:10
18:25 – 18:55
– Small Groups
Saturday April 29, 2023
15:00 – 16:00
16:00 – 17:00
17:00 – 17:15
17:15 – 18:15
18:15 – 19:00
Free discussion with the public
Speakers / Moderators / Hosts
We introduce you all
María Inés Assumpçao Fernandes
AIPPF - LAPSO - USP
- President of the AIPPF – International Association of Couple and Family Psychoanalysis.
- Full Professor of the Institute of Psychology of the University of São Paulo.
- LAPSO Coordination – Laboratory of Studies in Psychoanalysis and Social Psychology – USP.
- Member of the Humanities and Contemporary World Group – Institute for Advanced Studies USP.
Pierre Benghozi (Hyères, Francia)
AIPCF - EFPP - UNESCO
- Child psychiatrist, psychoanalyst.
- President of the Institute for Research in Couple and Family Psychoanalysis.
- Vice President of the AIPCF International Association of Couple and Family Psychoanalysis.
- Founding President of the Couple and Family Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy section of the EFPP European Federation of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy.
- Postgraduate Visiting Professor at the University of São Paulo.
- Director of the Journal of Psychoanalytic Group Psychotherapy, Laboratory of Psychopathology of the University of Paris Cité, UNESCO Chair of Sexual Health and Human Rights.
Cristina Călărăşanu (Bucarest, Rumanía)
ERP - EFPP - IACFP
- Trained in liaison psychoanalysis in Lyon and relational psychoanalysis in Bucharest.
- Founding member of the Romanian Association for the Psychoanalysis of Family and Group Bonds (ERP) and current president.
- Member of the EFPP Board of Trustees and President of the Couple and Family Section.
- Secretary General of the IACFP and member of the Scientific Council.
- Editor-in-Chief of the EFPP Book Series.
- Author of several articles and book chapters.
- Lives and works in private practice in Bucharest, Romania.
María Eugenia Cid Rodríguez (Madrid, España)
EFPP - APM-IPA - FEPP - AMPP
- President of the EFPP (European Federation of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy).
- Clinical psychologist, University of Santiago de Compostela and Madrid.
- Psychoanalytic psychotherapist, training at the Red Cross Hospital in Madrid and the Tavistock Clinic in London.
- Psychoanalyst, Associate Member of the Madrid Psychoanalytic Association (APM-IPA).
- Linked to the EFPP since its foundation, as a delegate and co-opted member of the board for several years.
- Very actively involved in the development of the Spanish EFPP network, currently the Spanish Federation of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (FEPP).
- Founding member, member of the board and professor of the Madrid Association of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (AMPP).
- Clinical work in private practice in Madrid.
Rosa JAITIN (Lyon, France)
APSYLIEN - AIPCF - SFPPG - FAPAG
• Emeritus Professor at the University of Buenos Aires associated with Paris Cité University.
• Freelance psychoanalyst (Psychoanalytical Association of Buenos Aires, (APdeBA), API, FEPAL)
• Group, couple and family psychoanalyst.
• Director of APSYLIEN (Association for the psychoanalysis of links).
• Former President (International Association of Couple and Family Psychoanalysis).
• Member of the Scientific Council of the AIPCF (International Association of Couple and Family Psychoanalysis).
• Member of the Board of Directors of the SFPPG (French Society of Group Psychotherapy).
• Member of the Board of Directors of FAPAG (Federation of Group Analytical Psychotherapy Associations).
• Member of the French Society of Psychoanalytic Family Therapy
• Member of the Scientific Committee of Journals: SPPG, Connexion, AIPCF, APdeBA, Divan Familial.
Ezequiel A. Jaroslavsky (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
AEAPG - UNLaM - AIPCF - IPA
- Psychiatrist. Psychoanalyst.
- Professor of the Postgraduate Masters and Specialization in Psychoanalysis, Association of the Argentine School of Psychotherapy for Graduates (AEAPG) in agreement with the National University of La Matanza (UNLaM).
- Former director and founder of the Digital Magazine of the Argentine School of Psychotherapy Association for Psychoanalysis Graduates. Yesterday and today.
- Director of the Psychoanalysis and Intersubjectivity Magazine.
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the International Association of Couple and Family Psychoanalysis (AIPCF).
- Former director of the AIPCF Magazine.
- Full member of the International Psychoanalytic Association (IPA).
Daniela Lucarelli (Italy)
IPA/SPI - COFAP - IACFP - EFPP - SIPsIA
- Psychologist, psychoanalyst.
- Full Member at the IPA/SPI, and IPA recognised expert on children and adolescents.
- Co-chair for Europe of COFAP (IPA Committee for Psychoanalysis of Couple and Family).
- Editor in Chief of the IACFP Review (International Review of Couple and Family Psychoanalysis).
- Former chair of the Couple and Family Section of EFPP (European Federation for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy).
- Teacher and supervisor at PCF (Corso Postspecialistico di Psicoanalisi della Coppia e della Famiglia) in Rome.
- Founder member of SIPsIA (Società di Psicoterapia Psicoanalitica dell’Infanzia e dell’Adolescenza) in Rome.
- Teacher and supervisor at Istituto Winnicott iW, in Rome.
- Member of the editorial board of Interazioni (Franco Angeli, Milan, Italy.
- She is author and co-author of publications on children, adolescents and couple and family psychoanalysis.
Kamala Melik-Akhnazarova (Moscú, Rusia)
IAAP - RSAP - PPCF - CFPP
- Kamala Melik-Akhnazarova is a Jungian analyst (IAAP, RSAP) and psychoanalytical couples therapist (PPCF Moscow group, delegate for CFPP Section of EFPP since 2020).
- Working in private practice in Moscow, Russia.
Mary Morgan (London, United Kingdom)
SPA - TAVISTOCK Relationships
- Mary Morgan is a Psychoanalyst and Couple Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist, Fellow of the British Psychoanalytical Society, Senior Fellow of Tavistock Relationships and Honorary Member of the Polish Society for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy.
- She worked for more than 30 years at Tavistock Relationships, London, where she was the Reader in Couple Psychoanalysis and Head of the MA and Professional Doctorate in Couple Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy. She has a private analytic practice of individuals, couples and supervision. She is a consultant to the IPA Committee on Couple & Family Psychoanalysis – COFAP and member of the editorial and advisory boards of several psychoanalytic journals.
- She has published many articles and chapters in the field of couple psychoanalysis, teaches internationally and has helped set up trainings in several countries. Her recent book: ‘A Couple State of Mind: Psychoanalysis of Couples – the Tavistock Relationships Model’ is available in English, Polish, Russian, Italian and Chinese.
Irma Morosini (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
UBA - UCA - IAGP - AIPCF - AAPFyP
- Degree in Psychology (UBA).
- Director of Psychodrama.
- Specialist in Family and Couple Psychoanalysis.
- University teacher (UBA – UCA).
- IAGP – AIPCF – AAPFyP member.
- Vice President (for the Spanish language) of the AIPCF (2020 – 2022).
Anna Nicolo (Italy)
ISCC- SPI - IACFP
- President of the Italian Society of Couple and Family.
- Training analyst and past president of SPI (Italian Society of Psychoanalysis).
- Co-founder of IACFP (International Association for Couple and Family Psychoanalysis).
- Past director of IACFP Review.
Elizabeth Palacios (Argentina)
COFAP - IPA - AAPIPNA - ASPADE
- MD Psychiatrist by Buenos Aires University.
- Training Analyst of Madrid Psychoanalytic Association.
- Full member of the International Psychoanalytic Association (IPA Child and Adolescent Psychoanalyst).
- Chair IPA’s Couple and Family Committee (COFAP).
- Founder of the Society that belongs to the Spanish Federation of Psychotherapy Societies “Aragon’s Society for the Investigation of Children and Adolescents Psychic Life” AAPIPNA.
- Founder and actual director of the Center for Vulnerable Adolescents ASPADE in Zaragoza, Spain.
- Author of multiple books on Child, Adolescent, Couple and Family Psychoanalysis.
- Director of the Journal “Thinking Psychoanalytically”.
- Teaching in several postgraduate study programs at Universidad de Zaragoza, Alcala de Henares, International Psychotherapy Institute, and AAPIPNA.
- “Couple and Family Psychoanalysis a Global Perspective”, editor with David Scharff.
- “Approaches to Interpretation with Couples and Families. A Cross-cultural Perspective” edited with Timothy Keogh.
- “Psicoanálisis en emergencia. Pensando la pandemia”.
Carles Pérez-Testor (Barcelona, España)
URL - FPCEE - GRPF - FVB - REDIF - SACRU
- Doctor of medicine and surgery. Specialist in Psychiatry.
- Professor at the Universitat Ramon Llull (URL) of Barcelona at the FPCEE Blanquerna, he is Principal Investigator of the Couple and Family Research Group (GRPF).
- Psychotherapist and Teaching Supervisor of the Couple and Family Unit of the Fundació Vidal i Barraquer (FVB) of which he was director of the Psychological Medical Center from 1990 to 2010 and director of the University Institute of Mental Health (URL) from 2000 to 2019.
- He has been president of the European Network of Family Institutes (REDIF) from 2008 to 2020 and is currently vice-coordinator of the International Network of University Institutes of the Family (REDIUF), founding member and co-coordinator of the Working Group 4 “Family Life” of the Strategic Alliance of Catholic Research Universities (SACRU) and Coordinator of the Scientific Council of the International Association of Couple and Family Psychoanalysis.
- Author of more than a hundred articles and books, I would highlight “Couple Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy” (Herder, 2019).
Silvia Resnizky (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Psychologist (1974).
- Full member and Training Analyst in Buenos Aires Psychoanalytical Association (APdeBA).
- Co- Chair for Latin America of COFAP-IPA (Committee of Couple and Family). (2021-2025).
- Specialist in Childhood and Adolescence, International Psychoanalytical Association.
- Ex-Co- Director of the M.A. Program in Family and Couples (2013-2017) in the Mental Health University Institute (IUSAM) Buenos Aires. Argentina.
- Course Professor: “Fraternal Bonds,” M.A. Program in Family and Couples at the APdeBA Mental Health University Institute (IUSAM), 2009 to date.
- Supervisor of “Professional Practice” module in the Master of Family and Couple Therapy. 2014- 2019.
- Member of the Executive Committee (2019-2021) and the Board (2017-2021) of the International Psychoanalytical Association (IPA).
- Last book in English: “Psychoanalytic work with families and Couples. Clinical perspectives on suffering”. Co-authored with Susana Mauer and Sara Moscona. Routledge. 2020.
- In Spanish “Dispositivos clínicos en psicoanálisis” [Clinical Strategies in Psychoanalysis], co-authored with Susana Mauer and Sara Moscona, Buenos Aires, Letra Viva, 2014.
Philippe André Robert (Saint-Maurice, Francia)
SFPPG - EFPP - AIPCF - FAPAG - SPP - CILA
- Professor Emeritus of Psychologie Clinique Université de Paris Cité.
- Couple and family therapy.
Psychoanalyst in liberal.
- Supervision and analysis of groups and institutions.
Titles and scientific activities:
- Emeritus Professor of Clinical Psychology at the University of Paris.
- IPA Psychoanalyst (SPP).
- Honorary President of the Association PSYFA (Psychanalyse et famille).
- Former President of the SFPPG (Société Française de Psychothérapie Psychanalytique de Groupe).
- Shibboleth Vice President.
- Member of CILA (Collège International de l’Adolescence).
- Délégué français à la 4ème section de l’EFPP (European Federation of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy).
- Member of the Conseil Scientifique de l’AIPCF (Association Internationale de Psychothérapie de Couple et de Famille).
- Member of the Editorial Committee of the Revue de Psychothérapie Psychanalytique de Groupe.
- Member of the scientific committee of the Cliniques magazine.
- Member of the scientific committee of the journal Connexions.
- Member of the scientific committee of the Cliopsy magazine.
David Scharff (USA)
IPI - IIPP
- M.D. is Co-Founder and Former Director, International Psychotherapy Institute.
- Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Georgetown University.
- Supervising Analyst, International Institute for Psychoanalytic Training.
- Pioneered the use of technology for distance psychotherapy education and training since 1998.
- Author and editor of more than 30 books, and editor of the journal Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy in China.
- Director of the Training Programs in Analytic Couple and Family Therapy in Beijing and Moscow.
- Child and Adult, and with Dr. Jill Scharff, he was awarded the 2021 Mary Sigourney Award in Psychoanalysis.
IIPT - IPI
- Internationally known psychoanalyst for children and adults, couples, and families.
- The co-founder and formerly co-director of the International Psychotherapy Institute (www.theipi.org).
- The founding Chair of the International Institute for Psychoanalytic Training, the analytic training program at the International Psychotherapy Institute, where she also developed an analytic supervision training program, a child therapy and child analytic curriculum.
- Created and chairs a child psychotherapy training program for Chinese students.
- Author and editor of many books and articles, including most recently four volumes of Psychoanalysis Online.
- Currently completing a textbook on Child Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy to be published in English and Chinese and is the 2021 co-recipient of the prestigious Sigourney Award for the Advancement of Psychoanalysis.
Michael Stasch (Heidelberg, Alemania)
BvPPF - EFPP
- President of the German Association for Psychoanalytic Couple and Family Therapy (BvPPF).
- Co-president of the Couple and Family Section of the EFPP.
- Member of the scientific council of the journals “Psychotherapeut” and “Psychoanalytische Paar- und Familientherapie”.
- Working in private practice in Heidelberg, Germany as a psychoanalyst, family therapist and supervisor.
Nikos Stathopoulos (Grecia)
PCFP - EFPP - H.O.P.E. G.A.
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist.
- Group Analyst and Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist of Couples and Families.
- Greek delegate to PCFP of EFPP.
- Founding Member and Member of the Training Committee of “H.O.P.E. in GA.” (Hellenic Organization for Psychotherapy and Education in Group Analysis).
Flavia Costa Strauch
SBPRJ - ABPCF - IACFP - SBPRJ - IPUB-UFRJ - PUC-Rio - PROPIS/SBPRJ - COFAP/IPA
- Psychologist and psychoanalyst.
- Member of Brazilian Psychoanalytic Society of RJ (SBPRJ).
- Senior member and co-founder of Brazilian Association of Couple and Family Psychoanalysis (ABPCF).
- Member of IACFP.
- Co-author on several works related to Couple and Family Psychoanalysis.
- Coordinator of the Study Group on Couple and Family (SBPRJ).
- Specialized in Couple and Family IPUB–UFRJ (Federal University of Rio de Janeiro).
- Master in Clinical Psychology on Couple and Family (PUC-Rio).
- Co-Founder of Psychoanalysis and Social Interface Program (PROPIS/SBPRJ).
- Member of COFAP/IPA.
Mónica Vorchheimer (Argentina)
APdeBA - ING - IPA - COFAP
- Training and Supervising Psychoanalyst at the Buenos Aires Psychoanalytical Association (APdeBA).
- She has a private practice in Psychoanalysis with adolescents, adults, families, and couples in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- She teaches and lectures locally and abroad as a Guest Professor in several countries.
- She is the Latin America Co-Chair of ING, the International New Groups Committee and past Co-Chair for Latin America at the IPA Committee on Psychoanalysis with Couples and Families (COFAP) and currently Consultant.
- Articles and chapters published in several books, and co-edited with David Scharff.
- Clinical Dialogues on Families and Couples (Karnac, 2017).